Mai stared at the group oddly. *What* was going on? And did Anji really think he was going to get away with making *her* pay the taxi fee?

"What did Keiko do, Anji?"

Anji ignored her, and kept glaring venomously at Otaru.

Mai was quick, people like her usually are. "Keiko did something with Otaru-kun? Really?"

She looked back and forth between the two boys, one red with embaressment, one with anger.

"Otaru, that's horrible!" She cried, satisfaction gleaming from her eyes, "Messing with your bestfriends girlfriend? Does Kei-kun know?"

Inside a different tune was playing. 'Kei-kun is single again, la la la la la la...' --Harkly

 

 

 

 

"His WHAT?!" Otaru was shocked. "But he said.."

"I heard it from Anji-Kun. They are an item. Or, were, I guess." Mai tried her best to look dissapointed.

"Like I said, I didn't do anything! I would never.." Otaru looked at Anji. "I promise."

"I'll deal with you later." Anji narrowed his eyes.

 

Keiko drowsily opened her eyes, from a not so peaceful slumber. Her bandage was tight around her, and the floor was hard. The sounds of busy campers outside was often awakened her, but the shouts of a rowdy TUA student is what really got her attention. She realized who it was and gasped. Anji! She listened intently as the conversation went on, and realized she was in deeper than she'd ever imagined, just for taking an innocent bath!

The only person she told was Naoki, so how did it get all the way to Anji?? Her thoughts were interrupted as Anji opened the tent and walked in. His icy glare gave her chills, and she knew how mad he really was. "Anji, I.." Tears swelled in her eyes, as she waited for him to yell. "I'm sorry.."

He just stared at her, not even blinking, and she saw the dissapointment in his eyes.

"I'm sorry! Nothing happened, we just.. It was all an accident and I was taking a bath to get all this HONEY off of me and.."

"Honey??" Anji remembered what Naoki had said. 'Oh yeah.. Next on my list is Shiranui..'

He thought. Keiko felt some relief. Atleast he was TALKING.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to make a scene with people here to listen in." Anji said coldly.

"Anji.. I didn't, I mean.." Keiko didn't think it would be this hard to explain the incedent. It still made her blush even now, which Anji saw. His brow furrowed.

'I can't believe her! I can't believe him! I'm gonna kill him!' He thought.

"If he hadn't thought I was drowning this never would've even happened. We just talked, and then he left." She exlpained. She suddenly grew angry. "Hey!" She hit his arm. "Did you think that I would actually.. Don't you trust me AT ALL?!"

"You're not the only one.." He said bluntly.

"What? Otaru?! You know him. He could barely talk to me without studdering, much less be so forward as to.. I can't believe I'm defending him! We DIDN'T do anything. And that's that."

"Fine." He said. He leaned in closer to her to whisper in her ear. "Hey. No doubt someone heard this, it'd be safer if you made yourself look like 'Keiko' right now. I'll go get Aika so she can get you something to wear." He whispered.

"Hey, but what about my contacts?" She whispered back.

"You'll have to do without. And remember, I'm watching you." He warned.

As Anji left, Keiko felt a bit happy. She would get to be a girl! If only for a while, she would get to wear girl's clothes! And Make up! And she would get some relief on her chest... --Ikuno

 

Otaru was confused to say the least as he sat under his tree at the far corner of the Pheonix campsite. Anji he could understand. He was mad at him because he thought he had touched his sister. Kakeru he could almost understand. Maybe he felt as.... as 'possesive' of Sempai as he did.

But Sempai...Sempai he just COULDN't understand! And he was his best friend! Why wasn't Sempai upset that he was intrested in Keiko? Hadn't Mai just said that they were an item?

Perphaps Mai had lied but why? Otaru didn't think it would help her in any way.....

Hey! Maybe Sempai and Keiko had broken up while he was in Spain! That would explain why they never saw each other but still....even though he had broken up with his girlfriend Otaru would never encourage another one of his friends to go for her....

Otaru sighed. He's usual happy smile was replaced by a troubled frown. He wouldn't find  answers just sitting around here. He needed to talk to Sempai. --Twylise

 

 

 

 

Otaru got up and looked quickly around to see if Anji or Kakeru were close by. They weren't, and Otaru was glad because he really didn't feel like running into them, ... again.

He had to find Sempai. He was majorly confused about the situation between him and Amuro Keiko. Were they together, or not? If they were, how come they never saw each other, even when the two camps were together? Even if they weren't together, there was something fishy about the whole situation. Otaru intended to find Kei and ask him to PLEASE explain everything to him without being so... vague.

He was walking quickly through the campsite, trying to ignore the frequent glances directed toward him. Needless to say, the whole camp had heard Anji's little... outburst.

BLAM.

 

Otaru collided head-on with... Keiko! Looking tearful and just as pretty as ever... "Stop that!" he commanded himself sharply. "Say something, and quit staring at her like an idiot!" Still, he could feel the red creeping up on his cheeks.

 

"Otaru!" She didn't sound like she hated him... "I'm glad I ran into you. Listen, I just want to tell you how sorry I am for this whole mess... I never dreamed that my brother would come up here. I think he understands what really happened now, though."

"That's good." Why couldn't he think of anything to say?!?

"So..." It was so hard to talk to him like this! She wished she could come right out and tell him the truth... "What are you doing out here?"

"Oh, um, just looking for Sempai... I mean Kei."

"Kei!" Oh no, what could she tell him? She had to come up with an excuse for 'Kei's' absence.

"Yeah. Anything wrong?" He wished that he could stop sounding so formal, and be friendlier to her... but no. He didn't trust himself to say anything else, not while he wasn't sure what relationship Sempai had with her. He didn't want to do anything to hurt him...

"Yeah, just that... I don't think that Kei's going to be around for awhile. He, um, had to go do something with Jiro... you know how that guy has been acting lately! I don't think that Kei had a choice." She rolled her eyes for effect. There, that was pretty smooth!

"Yeah, tell me about it!" He started chuckling, then quickly stopped himself. He couldn't afford to get too friendly with her... "Wait a minute. How did you know about the way Jiro's been acting? You haven't been with him."

Oops, so much for her air-tight excuse! "Outrageous behavior gets around, you know!"  There. Another smooth one.

"Well, since Kei isn't around... I guess I'd better go now." He felt like he had to get away from her. He couldn't understand the feelings he was having... She was just a girl, for goodness sakes! On the other hand, since Kei had gone out with her, she must be okay... he smiled to himself. More than okay.

"Okay then, see ya later!" Now she really wanted to change back into Fujishige Kei, so she could spend more time with Otaru... wait a minute! Since when did she feel this way about Otaru?! Her best friend! She shook her head. She'd better go find Aika and Naoki... they'd get her head straight.

 

Then again... probably not.  --Joanna

 

 

 

 

Kakeru felt an ache inside him. He wasn't imagining it. Something did happen, though he knew Chinen would never admit to it. His chest tightened as he saw Keiko, as Keiko, walking his way. He didn't want to talk to her now, and decided to leave. As he turned around, he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was Aika's. "I want to talk to you," She said.

"I'm quite busy, Aika-San," Kakeru stalled.

"I heard you tried to kill Kei-Kun." She glared.

"It was a joke!" Kakeru laughed nervously. 'How long am I going to have to live this down?'

"It better have been." She narrowed her eyes. She then turned around to see Keiko walked up to her. "Keiko-Chan!" She smiled. Kakeru blinked.

'Boy, she sure changes moods fast.' He thought.

"Hi Aika-Chan! I need to speak with you.." She said.

 

Otaru sat thinking. 'I don't get it! He even told me he didn't like her. I guess I've always known he did, but, I never thought they were together! Oh well, I need to talk to Sempai.' He was lost in his thoughts, when who was to show up, but Mai.

"Hello, Otaru-kun!" She said cheerfully. "What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, me? Nothing.." He looked distant.

"You're thinking of Keiko and Kei-Kun, right?" She smiled.

"Huh? I, umm.." He blushed.

"You know, they are practically not even together. He went out with Rina-San-" She started.

"He what??" Otaru was puzzled. 'Sempai wouldn't cheat on Keiko behind her back.. Would he?'

"I saw it with my own eyes. And not to mention that they are never seen together, and the fact and you and she-"

"What about She and I?!" Otaru blushed furiously. "W-we didn't do anything!"

"Otaru-kun. Are you blushing?" Mai giggled.

"Umm, no..." He blushed more.

"It's perfectly okay to like Amuro-San, I mean, it seems to me they aren't that close."

Mai said convincingly. 'Besides, if Otaru-Kun is with Keiko, then Kei-Kun is free!'

"I couldn't do that to Sempai.." He said. But now he got angry, angry at Sempai, someone he never thought he'd get angry at. 'How could he cheat on Keiko? Why would he want to?' He started blushing even more at the thought. 'I mean, because, well.. Anyway, it just doesn't seem like something Sempai would do.' Now he felt a twinge of jealousy.. ..because of Sempai.

 

"So you like him, huh?" Aika smiled.

"No! I mean, yes, but no, I don't know.." Keiko said.

"Oh, so you like him, huh." Aika giggled.

"I don't know! But I'm pretty sure he likes me, and if Anji sees us talking and stuff he's going to get mad!" Keiko said.

"Okay." Aika thought a moment. "We're going to have to get you back to 'Kei'..."

 

Kakeru folded his arms. He tried to think of the prank he was going to pull here, but his mind was dead set on Otaru and Keiko. He closed his eyes, but all he saw in his mind's eye was them, on the dock, in their imbrace. 'This isn't working.' He opened his eyes, and he saw Keiko, staring right at him.

"You okay?" She asked.

"AAHH!!" He fell down, then blushed.

Keiko giggled. She leaned in to whisper in his ear. "Enjoy me as a girl while it lasts. I'm changing back to Kei in a few minutes," She grinned impishly. He turned bright red from her being so close.

 

Meanwhile, Otaru was walking around to find Kei. He saw Kakeru and Keiko very close to one another(revenge, KK fans?). He grew angry. Was Kakeru fooling with Sempai's girl? And was Keiko a player? He didn't understand this. From the looks of Kakeru, it was Keiko that was flirting with him. Otaru was now angry, not at Kakeru, but at Keiko. How could she do this to Sempai.

"Like I care what you look like," Kakeru put his nose in the air.

"Fine! I don't care if you care!" Keiko snapped.

"And I don't care if you care that I care." Kakeru replied. This puzzled Otaru even more.

"Okay, I'll be going now." She smiled. It looked like they were just friends, atleast, he hoped they were.

--Ikuno

 

 

 

 

 

 

By nightfall, jealousy, anger, and... basically every unpleasent emotion had spread through the camp like a plague, making each camper (or camperette) more anxious than ever to get to sleep. 

However, the students from the Unicorn Academy, unlike the Phoenix school students, had yet to set up their camps. Only a few of the students had been prepared enough to remember their tents, while the rest had only remembered their blankets. The students with tents had set them up immeditately, then crawled into them and gone to sleep.

Keiko, unfortunately, was not one of them.

She struggled, unsuccessfully, to turn her thin blankets into a make-shift tent between two trees before the rest of the camp went to bed. This did not happen.

In the end, Keiko gave up her futile attempts at making a tent, and, instead, consented to simply leaning against a tree and wrapping her blankets around herself.

It was only once the whole camp was asleep that Keiko had time to think (and to shiver, with the sudden cold that had consumed the camp). She was seriously beginning to resent the entire camping trip, though they hadn't even been on it for three days. Not only were there many conflicts bubbling up around her, but Otaru had gotten mad at her, as had Anji, Kakeru, and now, for some odd reason, just about every girl that attended Phoenix school. That's why she was alone, and not sharing a tent with anyone; nobody was willing to share a tent who cheated on his girlfriend.

 

Keiko felt tears rise to her eyes. She was so tired, and hungry, and smelly, and... just so! it wasn't fair that

she was being accused of so many things at once. Her best friend was hating her, her brother hated her, and a guy who pretended to be her best friend was mad at her, along with a thousand other girls!

 

Keiko rested her head in her knees, her glasses still covering her face and her bust still wrapped tight. She was going to be so sore in the morning...

Allowing her mind to drift off, Keiko slowly managed to fall into a shallow, uneasy sleep, still shivering slightly from the cold.

 

Kakeru shifted uneasily in his make-shift tent of blankets and branches, tucked cozily into his sleeping bag. Thoughts weighed down on his mind like bricks, causing him endless displeasure. Something didn't feel right about leaving Keiko in the cold, like he was...

It didn't make him feel quite as bad, however, knowing that Otaru had done the same. Although, it puzzled him. WHY had Otaru done that? Usually he was so kind-hearted and would have willingly shared his tent (except that Jiro was sharing it with him, now)... It made Kakeru wonder...  His stomach couldn't take the guilt, anymore. Grabbing an extra blanket, he exited his make-shift shelter, heading decidedly for the spot where he'd seen Keiko struggling to make her own tent earlier that day. 

Since the moon was not out that night, it was extremely dark, the trees and bushes adding to the effect. Kakeru swallowed. Ever since he was young, he'd hated situations where he was left helplessly blinded, almost like he was now. He could barely make out his hands in front of him. And it was getting harder to breathe. 

Then he fell. It was so suddenly, he couldn't make out what had caused him the fall, at first. Then someone spoke.

"Who's there?" it said, and Kakeru, with only some difficulty, managed to spit out the word, "OTARU?"

The voice gasped in reply, and Kakeru could feel Otaru kneel down beside him to help him up.

"Kakeru!" Otaru said in a friendly manner, though the pit of his stomach had gone cold with anger. It was simply his luck that he would run into KAKERU...

Ironically, Kakeru was thinking the same thing, though he accepted Otaru's help warmly, grateful for the presence of another human. Then he noticed the blanket in Otaru's hand.

"Where are you going?" he said inquisitively, and managed to make out in the darkness the slight blush that creeped up to Otaru's childish face.

"I... I was just..."

Kakeru smirked. "Taking that to Kei 'cause you were feeling guilty?"

Otaru looked stunned, and he nodded. Kakeru held up his blanket, and smiled.

"Me too."

Otaru gaped. They were BOTH taking blankets to Kei? He began to wonder to himself if the whole camp was planning to do so, but pushed the thought aside as stupid. He simply stood there, watching Kakeru.

"So..." Kakeru finally managed to break the silence. "Shall we go find him, then?"

Still gaping, Otaru nodded.

It hadn't taken them long to find Keiko, as she was the only one in camp who did not have a tent. Or, for that matter, was sleeping against a tree in bright blue blankets. Kakeru and Otaru stood for a moment, wondering what to do now that they had found her sleeping form.

"He's asleep..." muttered Kakeru, watching Keiko intently.

"He's shivering," Otaru stated simply, walking toward his sleeping friend. "C'mon. I'll sit on one side of him and you sit on the other; that should keep us all warm."

Kakeru nodded, silently, before following Otaru and sitting on the left side of Keiko, Otaru taking the right side. She did not wake, or, for that matter, stir in the least.

Kakeru was glad for the sudden warmth as he leaned himself closer to Keiko. It was far colder outside the camp and leaning on a tree than it was in his make-shift shelter. He sensed that Otaru was glad for it, too, because he sighed contentedly.

"'Night, Shiranui..." Otaru whispered suddenly, taking Kakeru by complete and utter surprise. He mumbled a reply, barely audible, before closing his eyes.  --TD

 

 

 

 

 

Hiiragi Gohei wasn't fond of camping. He liked the cold even less. But having to go to the bathroom WHILE camping IN the cold; well, that just beat all. Slowing tiptoeing around his tentmate, so as not to wake him, he crept outside and shivered as the wind hit him. Making his way in the dark, he went towards what he *hoped* were some bushes. On the way over, he tripped and fell heavily. "Ow!" He cried, stuffing his fist in his mouth to muffle the noise. He got up gingerly, and dusted himself off. His ankle hurt, but he could probably get to some more ... concealed area and back all right. His eyes had adjusted to the dark by this time, and he was able to move, well, limp, with more confidence. He almost had to laugh at the suckers who'd forgotten there tents. Oh well. He spotted an odd site. Three figures, sandwiched together, asleep under one of the larger trees. He got closer. Fujishige, Chinen, and Shiranui. Well, they looked comfy, he thought offhandedly, turning away.

The wheels in his brain began to turn.

*Very* comfy...

Bathroom break and hurt ankle forgotten, Hiiragi hobbled as fast as he could back to his tent. Taking out the notebook he had packed with him, he started making notes for the article he'd put in the newspaper when everyone got back. --Harkly

 

 

NOTE TO MIPPA>> Here's where it gets awfully confusing. You see, I wrote a scene, and so did Liz-Chan, but they didn't work together and we got awefully confused. Tekno Danish fixed it, though, *smiles*.

 

 

Kakeru woke up with weight on his shoulder. He looked of to see Keiko's head gently resting on it, which made him blush. He was glad he woke up early, because he didn't want to be seen bundled up together with two other guys, or one and another people thought to be a guy. He slightly pushed her over and she was now leaning on Otaru.

'Oh great job, stupid. Like you really want her leaning on him.' He thought. He watched as Otaru stirred in his sleep, and then lay his head on Keiko's. 'HEY!!!' Kakeru thought as he furrowed his brow. 'I REALLY don't want HIM leaning on HER!' He thought. But if he had tried to move them, they would wake up, so he decided to let them sleep. It was still dark oustide, but the moon was out now, as it had moved from out of under the clouds(Maybe, clouds of rain? *giggles*). He looked at his watch. It was 4:58. 'Almost five'o'clock. Ugh..'

He stumbled as he walked towards his tent. He crept back into his sleeping bag, and dozed quietly off.

 

Later that morning, Keiko awoke with Otaru next to her. Her back was killing her, and so was her, umm, backside.. She blushed and moved over quickly, causing Otaru to move aswell. He mumbled something, and then yawned. He was now laying his head on her shoulder. This also made her blush, and she shoved him every so slightly over. He woke up, and opened his eyes.

"Good morning Sempai!" He chirped.

"Uh, good morning.." She said. "What were you doing over here?!"

"Oh, you looked cold, so I came to bring you a blanket." He smiled.

"And you decided that the bottom of this tree looked cozy?" She raised an eyebrow.

He laughed a bit. He realised he was mad at Kei. "Oh, well, I have to go, umm.. I just have to go."

"Wait a sec! You've been avoiding me ever since we got here! What's up?" She confronted him.

"Well, I just.." He didn't want to talk about this! He was embarrassed enough, and mad about the whole thing.

"Did you really cheat on Keiko?" He asked her.

"WHAT?!" She exclaimed.

"Shh! I mean, because Mai told me.." He started.

"Mai?! What did she say? How could I cheat on Keiko?! That's just.. Impossible!" She said, then mentally slapped herself. Otaru's mood lightened.

"I didn't think you would.. But she said that you and Keiko were, umm," He started blushing. "Together."

"ME AND KEIKO?!" She exclaimed again. "NOO!!!"

"You're going to wake up everyone!" He said, worriedly. "I didn't know if it was true or not.. And then Anji accused Keiko of cheating on you.." He was bright red and felt lumps in his throat, telling him to stop talking.

"Ch-Cheating on me?" She knew where this was going. "What do you mean?"

"..With.. Umm... Me.." He looked away. --Ikuno

 

 

 

 

 

"W-w-what?" Kei What surprised.

"We didn't do anything!" Otaru said. 'How many times have I said that these passed few days..?'

"And then, I saw.." Otaru stopped a second. "Maybe it's none of my business. But if you and Keiko are really together, then you should know. I think I saw Keiko flirting with Kakeru yesterday." Otaru looked completely upset.

Keiko wanted to punch him! FLIRT?! He should have paid more attention before jumping to such conclusions! But wait! If he had paid more attention, he would have heard them talking about..

"Oh! No. We're not together! Really! Just ask her! And besides, I highly doubt she would flirt with Shiranui-Kun." Keiko smiled. "Let's just say, he's not her type."

"Really? Okay." Otaru blushed. "Sooo... What is her type?" He tried to act casually about asking that.

"Hmm?" She blushed. "Well, someone with less of a temper and more sense than Shiranui, I can tell you that!"

 

At breakfast, Otaru looked around for Keiko, but he couldn't find her anywhere.

When Kakeru spotted Keiko, he walked over to her.

"Did I invite you over here to eat with us?" Keiko asked.

"Nope." He sat down.

"That's the kinds of rude behavior I told you about, Otaru." Keiko smiled.

"Hey! I'M rude?? You're the one calling me rude, right in front of me."

"Well I would say it without you here but you wont leave." Keiko smirked. Kakeru narrowed his eyes. "And yes, you ARE rude. On the other hand, HE has manners." She pointed at Otaru.

"It's rude to point." Kakeru said bluntly.

"Umm.." Otaru couldn't get a word in.

"Yep, he had a concience when I was out in the cold and came to give me a blanket." Keiko said.

"Actually, Sempai, Kakeru was the one who suggested we stay there." Otaru said.

"'We'?" Keiko blinked. --Ikuno

 

 

 

 

Keiko stared into space for a few moments unsure of what to say. This was turning into QUITE a mess.....what was she going to do!? What should she say to Otaru????? He was looking right at her waiting for a reaction or something! Keiko had to straighten this out, and she had to do it fast!

"Think Keiko think!!!!" she screamed in her head.

"Um.....Sempai?" Otaru finally said snapping her back to reality.

"Keiko and I are NOT an item Otaru.....this is all some crazy mistake!" She finally got out. He stared at his friend who was panicking like crazy on the inside.

"But I thought...." Otaru paused for a moment, "really?"

"Yes" Keiko assured him. Wow that was simple! she mentally cheered.

"So she is not seeing anyone?" Her friend tried to ask casually.

Keiko's eyes grew wide under her think glasses, "If I tell him no then he might start looking for me or something....Not that I mind, BUT" she panicked remembering something important " If I do meet up with him and Anji finds out BOTH of us are toast!!!"

"Is she sempai??" Otaru questioned again.

Keiko gulped she had to keep him away...at least for the trip, "K-kind of Otaru..." she said looking down " so maybe its better that you stay away from-"

"Figures.." Otaru sighed pulling his legs up and resting his chin on them. "After all, she's so pretty and nice and..." Keiko seriously started to blush, she couldn't believe Otaru was saying all this stuff about her!!! HER!! She had to lie to him so she would get introuble and she hated it....he looked so bummed.

"Maybe she was just being friendly that one time....." Otaru thought to himself trying to re-run the events from that night. Nothing HAD happened....

"Anyway" he sighed, " I'm sure you know that anyway!"

"errrrr y-yeah" she mumbled getting up quietly. I guess Id better take off before he asks me any more qu- "who is it?" Otaru got out a moment before she was going to make her exit. *ERK* She froze.

"Uh...ummmmmmmm" she mumbled not looking at Otaru. Ok she had to use a name!!!! ahhhhh Who could she she say!? When she was Keiko she didn't have any boyfriends so she couldn't use any names....and no guys knew except for her brother and- Keikos face turned blue (good thing she was not facing Otaru!)

"W-who??!" she gulped ," well Keiko is......"

"Yeah?" Otaru said calmly

" Kinddasortatalkingwith ummmmmmm......."

Who? Otaru inquired raising his eyes

......................Kakeru. --Liz-Chan