Kakeru's Confession - Part Two

 

 

"Ok, before you say anything, I just have one question. How did you know where I live and how'd you get my phone number? " Keiko asked.
"I've got sources. And besides, that's two questions, not one."
"Oh well, good enough for me. So anyways, what did you want Kakeru? "
"I wanted to know… if you wanted to take a walk around the downtown with me."
"What for? "
"Oh, well… I just thought we should get to know each other better. We should make a truce. We got off on the wrong foot because of my stupid attitude, and I want to make up for it. So is it ok with you Keiko? "
"Alright then, I'll go. Are you going to buy anything? "
"Actually, I need to run a few errands. I might even buy some… candy."
"CANDY?"
"I just said that."
" Oh. Well, if I go, will you buy me many many things?" Keiko made an angelic face.
"WHAT!!! Didn't you bring your own money?"
"You didn't tell me to on the message you left."
"Sorry about that then. Yeah I'll buy you stuff. But, you gotta pay me back for it ok?"
"Sure!"
"Well then, let's get going."

Together they left. They took a long time to get to the downtown area from the suderbs, but they enjoyed the exercise. They shopped for about three hours. The whole time they talked, about parents, school, and Keiko's identity crisis.

"Can you believe that sometimes, I forget how to be a girl?'' Keiko told Kakeru as they walked out of a candy shop.
"Ummm…I kind of didn't need to know that." Kakeru blushed a deep red.
"I know, I just like to gross you out!" Keiko giggled.
" Oh, and by the way, you don't have to pay me back for the candy."
"Really? Thanks!"

Later on, they bought ice creams, shopped some more, and basically wore out their shoes walking so much.

"Hey, let's stop for a bit and rest ok?" Keiko suggested.

They stopped and rested under the shade of a huge oak tree. Keiko kicked off her shoes and lay in the grass. Kakeru did the same. Together they watched the high sun overhead. Clouds slowly drifted against the sunny blue sky. Keiko noticed Kakeru take a long peaceful sigh. Then she stretched her arms and did the same.

"Kakeru, why did you ask me to come with you today?"
"I ummm… needed the company."
"Oh."

They stayed under the shade in silence for a while.

"Keiko?"
"Hmmm?"
"When do you think you'll get to tell Otaru the truth about your self?"

Keiko looked at him. His liquid brown eyes stared into hers. She finally decided after a few moments that he was actually serious and besides, she sort of trusted him. Not to mention he looked totally innocent.

"I'm not sure, to tell you the truth."
"How do you think he'll react?"
"Can we please change the subject?"
"Sorry, it must be really bad for you."
"Not your fault."
"But still…"
"Changing the subject…I liked your concert last week. You play the violin very well."

Kakeru blushed. That just made him the happiest guy on earth.

"Thanks Kei.''
" No prob Kake."
" Well, I guess we'd better separate and go home."
"Yep."
"Bye."
"Later Kake."

As Kakeru was walking home, he thought to himself:
"She totally likes me!"

He smiled to himself.